- Soak methi (fenugreek) seeds and curry leaves in coconut oil, overnight. Next morning warm it a little and massage it on to your scalp. The massage should be gentle, yet it should leave your scalp tingling. Rinse off with a herbal shampoo. Alternatively you could rinse it with the juice of crushed red hibiscus leaves. Follow this regularly for best results. It will keep your scalp healthy and prevent hair fall.
- Mix as per your hair length, castor oil, olive oil and coconut oil in equal measures. Warm and massage on to your scalp. This will arrest hair fall and promote hair growth.
- Boil dried pieces of amla in coconut oil. After it cools, mix in a few drops of lemon juice and massage on to scalp. This will stop hair loss and also help in hair growth.
- If you can tolerate the smell of mustard oil here’s a remedy. Boil mustard oil and while it is boiling, keep adding fresh henna, basil and curry leaves to it. After the leaves are burnt black, switch off the gas. Cool, strain and use twice to thrice a week for best results.
- Extract the milk of freshly grated coconut. Apply it to your scalp and wash it off with the hibiscus leaf extract mentioned above. Coconut milk is a great of nourishment for your scalp. Coconut milk can be applied to infants’ scalp too.
- Prepare this hair pack and apply regularly on a weekly basis to prevent dandruff as well as hair loss. In a bowl of warm coconut oil, quantity as per your hair length, add an egg with the yolk and a tbsp of lemon juice. Blend well and massage on scalp. Rinse off with a mild shampoo.
- Prepare an extract of aloe vera gel. Add lime juice to it and apply to your scalp. Rinse well with cool water. Warm coconut oil and add lemon juice to it. Massage on to your scalp and cover it with a hot, moist towel. Wash with mild shampoo after an hour. Follow this practise regularly till you see results.
- Add a tbsp of vinegar to warm coconut oil and massage on to your scalp. Rinse off after an hour. After which apply a solution of water and lemon juice to your scalp. Leave it for 10 minutes and rinse off with cold water. It will leave your hair squeaky clean, shiny and if done regularly free you from dandruff.